On 6-10 September, some 2,500+ organic stakeholders, farmers, researchers and policymakers will address questions around resilience, social transformation, health, and food sovereignty during the world’s largest organic gathering.
The #OWC2021 will offer a truly global, diverse space that inspires positive change through knowledge exchange, learning, and the formulation of organic, sustainable solutions, for a better tomorrow for all. With more than 450 confirmed contributions, the programme promises to be as rich and engaging as the movement it reflects!
The organic world congress 2021 will be a hybrid event, taking place digitally and on-site in Rennes, France.
As part of the OWC the Organic Food Systems Programme will convene an online workshop on September 8, 15:30-17:00 CEST.
In order to join the workshop you have to be registered for the OWC ref. https://owc.ifoam.bio/2021/en .
Below please find a brief outline of the program for our OFSP workshop:
Online workshop by Organic Food Systems Programme on September 8, 15:30-17:00 CEST.
Co-Chairs: Denis Lairon (Aix-Marseille University, France) and Jostein Hertwig (Beras International Foundation, Sweden):
1. OFSP introduction and workshop aims (Co- Chairs)
2. A system approach to organic – Organic Food Systems as models for sustainable food systems around the globe (Carola Strassner, Muenster University of Applied Sciences, Germany).
3. From field to plate: Case-studies of local organic food systems in Quito (Ecuador); ALGOA represented by Goesan County (South Korea) and Bislig City (Philippines); Cilento bio-district (Italy). (Dr.agr. Lilliana Stefanovic, University of Kassel, Germany).
4. Organic food quality and processing (Ewa Rembiałkowska, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Poland)
5. Health and sustainability aspects of Organic Diets (Denis Lairon, Aix-Marseille University, France)
6. Discussion and exchanges between participants: (Moderator: David Gould, Portland, USA).